Mycobacterium tuberculosis cAMP transport system
Mycobacterium tuberculosis (M. tb) is the primary etiological agent of TB in humans. It has recently been shown that M. tb alters host infected macrophage cell signaling by exporting microbially produced cyclic andenosine monophosphate (cAMP) into the host cell. The microbial cAMP has been shown to affect host TNF-a production for the survival benefit of the microbe. The mechanism, however, of how M. tb exports cAMP into the host cell is not currently known. By screening Mycobacterium tuberculosis putative transport mutants, we aim to identify genes required for cAMP transport.
- Luna BM, Juhn J, James AA. Injection of dsRNA into female A. aegypti mosquitos. Journal of visualized experiments : JoVE. 2007; (5):215. PubMed [journal] PMID:18979015
- Larsson C, Luna B, Ammerman NC, Maiga M, Agarwal N, Bishai WR. Gene expression of Mycobacterium tuberculosis putative transcription factors whiB1-7 in redox environments.
PloS one. 2012; 7(7):e37516. PubMed [journal] PMID:22829866
- Bagci U, Foster B, Miller-Jaster K, Luna B, Dey B, Bishai WR, Jonsson CB, Jain S, Mollura DJ. A computational pipeline for quantification of pulmonary infections in small animal models using serial PET-CT imaging. EJNMMI research. 2013; 3(1):55. PubMed [journal] PMID:23879987
- Xu Z, Bagci U, Kubler A, Luna B, Jain S, Bishai WR, Mollura DJ.Computer-aided detection and quantification of cavitary tuberculosis from CT scans. Medical physics. 2013; 40(11):113701. PubMed [journal] PMID:24320475
- Foster B, Bagci U, Ziyue Xu, Dey B, Luna B, Bishai W, Jain S, Mollura DJ. Segmentation of PET images for computer-aided functional quantification of tuberculosis in small animal models. IEEE transactions on bio-medical engineering. 2014; 61(3):711-24. NIHMSID: NIHMS633140 PubMed [journal] PMID:24235292
- Kübler A, Luna B, Larsson C, Ammerman NC, Andrade BB, Orandle M, Bock KW, Xu Z, Bagci U, Mollura DJ, Marshall J, Burns J, Winglee K, Ahidjo BA, Cheung LS, Klunk M, Jain SK, Kumar NP, Babu S, Sher A, Friedland JS, Elkington PT, Bishai WR.Mycobacterium tuberculosis dysregulates MMP/TIMP balance to drive rapid cavitation and unrestrained bacterial proliferation. The Journal of pathology. 2015; 235(3):431-44. NIHMSID: NIHMS626584 PubMed [journal] PMID:25186281
- Luna B, Kubler A, Larsson C, Foster B, Bagci U, Mollura DJ, Jain SK, Bishai WR. In vivo prediction of tuberculosis-associated cavity formation in rabbits. The Journal of infectious diseases. 2015; 211(3):481-5. PubMed [journal] PMID:25117755
- Xu Z, Bagci U, Mansoor A, Kramer-Marek G, Luna B, Kubler A, Dey B, Foster B, Papadakis GZ, Camp JV, Jonsson CB, Bishai WR, Jain S, Udupa JK, Mollura DJ. Computer-aided pulmonary image analysis in small animal models. Medical physics. 2015; 42(7):3896-910. PubMed [journal] PMID:26133591
- Kubler A, Larsson C, Luna B, Andrade BB, Amaral EP, Urbanowski M, Orandle M, Bock K, Ammerman NC, Cheung LS, Winglee K, Halushka M, Park JK, Sher A, Friedland JS, Elkington PT, Bishai WR. Cathepsin K Contributes to Cavitation and Collagen Turnover in Pulmonary Tuberculosis. The Journal of infectious diseases. 2016; 213(4):618-27. PubMed [journal] PMID:26416658