|Department Affiliations||Pediatric Infectious Disease|
|SOM Address||354A CRBI|
My lab is working on developing new anti-viral agents and understanding their mechanism(s) of action. Our focus is drug development against cytomegalovirus (CMV), the most common congenital infection and a major pathogen following transplantation. We identified several groups of CMV inhibitors which most likely use a cellular mechanism for virus inhibition. Studies of virus-host interaction leading to virus suppression are ongoing. In addition, we launched a program to uncover the role of cytoplasmic pattern recognition receptors NOD1 and NOD2 in CMV control in vitro and in vivo.
- Kapoor A, Fan YH, Arav-Boger R. Bacterial Muramyl Dipeptide (MDP) Restricts Human Cytomegalovirus Replication via an IFN-β-Dependent Pathway. Sci Rep. 2016 Feb 2;6:20295. doi: 10.1038/srep20295.PMID:26830977
- Roy S, Liu F, Arav-Boger R. Human Cytomegalovirus Inhibits the PARsylation Activity of Tankyrase–A Potential Strategy for Suppression of the Wnt Pathway. Viruses. 2015 Dec 29;8(1). pii: E8. doi: 10.3390/v8010008. PMID:26729153
- Mukhopadhyay R, Roy S, Venkatadri R, Su YP, Ye W, Barnaeva E, Mathews Griner L, Southall N, Hu X, Wang AQ, Xu X, Dulcey AE, Marugan JJ, Ferrer M, Arav-Boger R. Efficacy and Mechanism of Action of Low Dose Emetine against Human Cytomegalovirus. PLoS Pathog. 2016 Jun 23;12(6):e1005717. eCollection 2016 Jun. PMID:27336364
- Roy S, He R, Kapoor A, Forman M, Mazzone JR, Posner GH, Arav-Boger R. Inhibition of human cytomegalovirus replication by artemisinins: effects mediated through cell cycle modulation. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015 Jul;59(7):3870-9. Epub 2015 Apr 13. PMID:25870074
- Kapoor A, Forman M, Arav-Boger R. Activation of nucleotide oligomerization domain 2 (NOD2) by human cytomegalovirus initiates innate immune responses and restricts virus replication. PLoS One. 2014 Mar 26;9(3):e92704. PMID:24671169