|Department Affiliations||Art As Applied to Medicine|
|SOM Address||Suite 7000 1830 Building|
David Rini breathes life into the anatomical component of CMM’s signature course: “Introduction to the Human Body: Anatomy, Histology, and Physiology”. Despite the complexities of the human body, David’s charismatic approach to teaching has made him one of the most dynamic lecturers across both CMM and Medical & Biological Illustration graduate programs over the years.
David Rini’s artwork appears in over a dozen medical and scientific textbooks and nearly 80 journal articles, computer programs, posters, and other works. His scientific and fine artwork is in numerous private and public collections and on permanent display at the Natural Science Museum at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI; Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens, Cincinnati, Ohio: The Commonwealth of Virginia Museum of Science and Technology, Richmond, Virginia; and the Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, Illinois.
- Young, H.K., Smith, B.L, Wang,Y., Pomper, M.G., Rini, D.A., Torbenson, M.S., Pedersen, P.L. Advanced Cancers: Eradication in all Cases Using 3-Bromopyruvate Therapy to Deplete ATP. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 324: 268 – 274, 2004.
- Bluhm, D.J., Young,H.K., Hong, H., Rini, D.A., Pedersen, P.L. ATP Synthase Motor Components: Proposal and Animation of Two Dynamic Models for Stator Function. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 287: 801 – 807, 2001
- Sampath, P., Rini, D.A., and Long, D.M. Microanatomical Variations in the Cerebellopontine Angle Associated with Vestibular Schwannomas (acoustic neuromas). Neurosurgery Focus 5: 1 – 7, 1998.
Artistic Contributions to Refereed Medical and Scientific Texts
- Steven D. Waldman, M.D., J.D., Atlas of Common Pain Syndromes, Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company, 2002.
- Patrick C. Walsh, M.D. and Janet Farrar Worthington, Dr. Patrick Walsh’s Guide to Surviving Prostate Cancer. New York: Warner Books, 2001.
- Tew, J.T. Jr., and H.R. van Loveren, Atlas of Operative Microneurosurgery: Vol. II. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company, 2001.